Christchurch Residential Real Estate
Put simply, we love Christchurch Residential Real Estate!
Our team specialise in Christchurch Residential Real Estate and our Sales Consultants are able to deliver a service that’s tailored to your specific needs. We know that one size does not fit all therefore we deliver personalised service which is enhanced by our huge market knowledge.
The benefits of selling Real Estate through Cowdy & Co.
Here’s why you should use Cowdy & Co. when selling or buying Christchurch property:
We’re flexible to your needs
The advantage of listing your home with Cowdy & Co. is that our Sales Consultants are able to completely tailor the real estate sale experience to your needs. If you’re looking to sell your home but need to make sure viewings don’t get in the way of every day home life we make sure we work around your schedule. Alternatively, if you’re highly motivated to sell as soon as possible our team will look for ways to get buyers fast!
If you’re selling your first home and need guidance through the process of real estate sales, our Sales Consultants are only too happy to help. We want our clients to be comfortable and stress free throughout the experience.
We take your house sale personally
Cowdy & Co. hold ourselves accountable for ensuring you sell your property for a price you’re truly satisfied with. Our mission is our vendor’s happiness and repeat business!
We know the Christchurch property market
The Cowdy family have been in the Christchurch Real Estate business since 1979. As an independent, family run business with decades of experience, you can be rest assured that we know the area like the back of our hand.
We’re well connected – have your home visible to more interested buyers
The Cowdy & Co. Sales Consultants are well-versed in property marketing, our brand is well recognised in Christchurch giving us excellent exposure.
We strive to maximise the reach of your listing – meaning you’ll ultimately have more offers to choose from. What’s more, our team are very established in the Real Estate world and know a lot of people looking for houses in Christchurch.
Our marketing methods include:
- Internet advertising – we advertise on 3 property websites (Cowdy & Co, Trademe, Realestate.co.nz).
- Printed advertising – The Press newspaper advertising, Property Press magazine, mail drops, Cowdy & Co. newsletters.
- Signs – We install ‘for sale’ signs outside your property.
- Database – We have a database of buyers who are looking for properties.
- Viewings – We conduct private viewings and open homes to enable potential buyers to view your property when it suits them. This gives you a greater number of potential buyers.
- Cowdy & Co. cars – our fleet of sign written cars gives us a great profile.
- Social media – Our Facebook page features our open homes and other interesting property information.
Our service coverage in the Christchurch area is superb
We provide Real Estate services across the whole city with specialist expertise in the North West and Inner City suburbs. You can be confident that your listing is in experienced hands.
For information on other suburbs in Christchurch please look at our suburb guide.
Vendors enjoy a personalised touch with market-leading results
Cowdy & Co. is the choice for home owners who want both the best possible price for their home and a human touch. We take the best parts of a family-founded agency and combine them with our extensive Real Estate marketing & sales skills.
A team that knows your home inside and out
We strongly believe in getting to know our vendors and their homes well to help us find the right kinds of buyers. Our Sales Consultants take the time to learn about your home’s features and selling points in great detail so we can provide buyers with comprehensive information.
Listing with Cowdy & Co. means you have a Sales Team who care about selling your home as much as you do.
Tips on selling your house
Presentation is key
It’s important to ensure your home looks its best on viewing or open home day.
Residential Real Estate sale preparation checklist
- Get the property cleaned thoroughly.
- Spend a little money sprucing up the house, this will increase the saleability and may even increase your sale price.
- Get a building inspection report. Having a completely clear building report can be an attractive selling feature.
- The Sale & Purchase Agreement will be prepared by your Sales Consultant and should contain all the essential terms and conditions.
- A certificate of compliance should be obtained from the local council if you have recently undertaken major building works.
- It is advisable to have a LIM (Land Information Memorandum) – your Sales Consultant can arrange to obtain a copy of the LIM to include in the sales information for prospective purchasers.
- If there is a current tenant, check the expiry date and termination requirements of the tenancy.
- Make a note of all the inclusions. That is, everything that will be included in the purchase price and will remain at the property after completion. Standard items include light fittings, floor coverings, curtains and blinds. These can be excluded if you prefer but it should be noted in the Sale & Purchase Agreement
Home staging – putting your house on show!
Cowdy & Co.’s Residential Sales Team use home stagers frequently for homes we sell.
Home staging is the process of setting up the home’s furniture, artwork, mirrors and other elements to give a better impression for prospective buyers. They may bring in specific furniture and play with room layouts, you’ll be amazed at the results of doing this when it comes to viewings and open homes.
Here are some things to avoid:
- Pet odours inside – keep your pets clean and off furniture prior to viewings.
- Smoking inside or near entrances.
- Cooking smells throughout the house.
- Dampness and moisture – any mould should be avoided at all costs.
- Stuck doors & gates.
- Broken/cracked windows and mirrors.
- Too much furniture.
- Stained rugs and carpet.
Why buy a home in Christchurch?
With a population of over 366,000 people and growing, Christchurch is the perfect size; large enough to host a wide range of facilities, job opportunities, educational choices, sporting events, culture and shopping – yet small enough to regularly bump into someone you know in the street! It’s this community feel that makes the area special. Christchurch is fast becoming a hub of tech innovation, arts & culture and industry development so there’s never been a better time to buy property here.
From the beautiful green suburbs to the new upcoming central city developments that Christchurch has to offer, we’ll find a home for you that suits your needs. We understand that buying a house isn’t just a financial transaction; it’s a big life event – one that we take very seriously to make sure you’re happy in your new home.
Buy your next property with Cowdy & Co. and enjoy the process!
Looking at buying a home? Our Sales Consultants won’t just show you through properties, Cowdy & Co. go above and beyond for our prospective buyers, helping you get what you really want in a home. Get personalised, tailored service and enjoy a huge range of residential properties on offer!
We can advise on transport, schooling, and activities based on what type of person/family you are. We take the time to listen to what you want from your next home.
Purchasing property from a distance has never been easier
Overseas Investor? We can assist offshore property buyers find a smart investment with great returns or your ideal home.
Are you looking at purchasing a residential property in the Christchurch area? Browse our Real Estate listings.
Management of your investment property
If you are buying an investment property to rent out, we have an award-winning Property Management division who can take the hassle out of owning a property. We will take care of everything for you!
Residential Real Estate Resources
- Real Estate Tips for Selling
- Christchurch Suburb Guide – learn more about each of Christchurch’s unique suburbs to help your property search.
- Overseas buyers information
- Property tax rules (updated 1 October 2015)
- Rates and valuation in Christchurch
- Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority – Property Search