2 Garden Road, Merivale
Scale & Volume - The Redmond House
After securing the site at 2 Garden Rd, Mr & Mrs Redmond engaged Warren & Mahoney Architects to design a home for their relocation to Christchurch in 1995. The brief was to design an enduring home to accommodate a love of art, painting & antiques. Further requirements were for space for entertaining the greater family, a downstairs bedroom & room for the baby grand piano.
While at Warren & Mahoney, Kerry Mason, Huia Reriti & Scott Paton designed & oversaw the project. “It did reflect our approach to house design in the Fendalton vernacular, with an acknowledgement of context through form, roof & a plan layout.” Kerry Mason
The house includes:
• Formidable Entrance ‘putting emphasis on arrival’ into large gallery
• Grand scale & volume in the living with joinery, logburner & french doors
• Central casual living space connects living & kitchen/dining rooms
• Recently renovated kitchen with new joinery & engineered stone top to compliment the oak floor & existing oak joinery
• Kitchen has ample room for a large dining table as well as french doors, bi-fold doors & a cathedral ceiling with skylights
• Master with tiled ensuite, walk in wardrobe & large balcony
• Second upstairs bedroom has walk through wardrobe & ensuite
• Downstairs bedroom with walk in wardrobe, dual access bathroom & french doors
• 4th downstairs bedroom with skylight & french doors (originally an artist studio)
• Landscaped with an established raised garden, paved with bluestone & complete with water features
• Large double garage with copper door (new in 2014)
• Girls & Boys’ High, Burnside High, Heaton & Elmwood zones
The executors of the Redmonds Estate offer this ideally located property to the market. With ‘one careful owner’ & a design by one of New Zealand’s leading architecture firms, it is a home to experience in person.
Auction 6.30pm Wed 16 March 2022 onsite (unless sold prior)
To download the property file copy & paste the following link: https://www.propertyfiles.co.nz/property/RX3201389
Please note: When attending an Open Home, please wear a face mask and sign in at the property.
Enquire about this property
powered by inspectrealestate.com.au