29 Newbridge Place, Ilam
The Henderson House, 1966
Copy and paste link into browser for alternative ad: https://bit.ly/3uQa8y3
At the end of the cul-de-sac of Newbridge Place is arguably the highest concentration of notable 60’s architectural houses in Canterbury. Here the Henderson House, designed by Minson, Henning-Hansen & Dines (known best for the CoCA Gallery building), enjoys the company of two highly celebrated Christchurch icons the Fletcher House & the Messervey House along with blocks of flats by Warren & Mahoney and another by Don Cowey.
The Henderson House is a rare and refined combination of a beautifully detailed mid-century gem with modern comforts. The restoration and renovation include tiled bathrooms which fit seamlessly with the original design, as well as a modern kitchen, some double glazing and heating.
• 4 double bedrooms, master includes ensuite
• Tiled family bathroom with bath and shower
• Open plan dining and kitchen with stainless steel top
• Living with heatpump and bi-fold doors leading to pond, patio & gardens
• Partial double glazing
• Single garage with a room at the rear, possibly a studio or gym
• 670m2 of TC1 land
• Laundry nook and 3rd WC for guests
• Excellent location close to the University of Canterbury, shops and amenities
• Ilam Fields located at the back boundary
As a rare and unique offering, we expect plenty of architecture and Christchurch Modern fans to come and visit. Do not be deterred as the average sale price is Ilam is still relatively affordable. The owners have moved into their new home and do not wish to be a landlord, we are here to sell!
Auction 12pm, Saturday 8th May 2021 onsite (unless sold prior)
To download the property file, please copy & paste the following link: https://www.propertyfiles.co.nz/property/RX2765205
Enquire about this property
powered by inspectrealestate.com.au