8 Churchill Street, City Centre
Visual Minimalism with Comfort
Tobin Smith of Common is renowned for distilling architecture down to its essence, producing houses that are stripped back, deceptively simple, and perfectly executed. This approach is exemplified in this stunning residence near the Ōtakaro Avon River, showcasing a deft marriage of bold design moves and beautiful small moments.
A crucial aspect of successful minimalist design is incorporating ample storage to remove visual noise from the floor plan. Planned within a central joinery spine, this vertically transcending element encompasses storage while organising clean & considered spaces throughout.
• Composed of 3 elements – in-situ concrete bookends framing the living spaces with full-height glazing running out to a flat garden; a black timber box housing bedrooms & bathrooms; and another black timber box for a double garage
• Instead of a forbidding wall and gate at the roadside, the front garden is unfenced. One of the bookends doubles as the perimeter wall, softened with a small courtyard and vertical cutouts
• Concrete floors, white walls, and full-height glazing dominate the interiors. Billowy white curtains soften the glass, providing views out into the garden from the ground-floor living spaces
• A skylit staircase and gallery leading to three bedrooms & two bathrooms upstairs
• 6 years later, the house’s forms have been softened by established planting, and its materials have beautifully worn in, yet the clean lines & clear thinking remain as crisp as the day it was built
Located near the centre of the City, this property combines serenity with city convenience. With an Avon Loop outlook and substantial development planned locally, the area continues to improve and thrive.
Don’t miss this opportunity to own a piece of architectural brilliance, the owners are relocating and are ready to pass the torch.
Auction: 10.30am, Saturday September 23rd onsite (USP)
Please copy & paste the following link for info: https://www.propertyfiles.co.nz/property/RX3767407
Enquire about this property
powered by inspectrealestate.com.au